Document Outlines 7 Elements Needed to Transform Teaching
Secretary of Education Arne Duncan says, “The principles outlined in the document represent ways to strengthen and elevate teaching as one of our nation’s most valued and respected professions.”
The document apparently focuses on three main goals: 1) ensuring all students are challenged to meet a high bar that prepares them for college, career, and citizenship; 2) narrowing the opportunity and access gap between more and less privileged populations of students; and, 3) preparing all students to be globally competitive
Here are the seven core principles that make up the elements of achieving these goals. They include
- A culture of shared responsibility and leadership;
- Recruiting top talent into schools prepared for success;
- Continuous growth and professional development;
- Effective teachers and principals;
- A professional career continuum with competitive compensation;
- Conditions that support successful teaching and learning; and
- Engaged communities
Find the link to the document from which this data came by clicking on the link below:
National Education Leaders Release Shared Vision for the Next Generation of Teaching During the 2012 Labor Management Conference | U.S. Department of Education.
If clicking on the link above does not work for you, copy and paste the URL below into your browser.